Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No excuses

Yesterday I was flipping throw the channels on the radio on the way home from work.  I know this is almost starting to sound dated with satellite radio and mp3 players.  I stumbled across a little metal with "No Excuses" by Alice in Chains.   It made me really think on how "no excuses" applies to many things that get in the way of our ultimate goals.  Yeah, the lyrics don't really seem to apply directly when I looked it up but the message still was clear to me.  We have all been there.  I know I WAS for a long time.  I don't have time, I can't get up early, etc. 

Before I started P90X I was going to the Y to workout.  I found it hard to get up in the morning and trek over there before work.  Now I find myself waking up BEFORE my alarm on some days.  That is crazy to me.  I love sleep but something drives me to want to get up and start that work out.  I guess maybe it's that extra energy that it is giving me?  Who knows, but it is different for all of us.  Many mornings or days, you may need that extra motivation to keep going towards the goal.  Those are the days when we need to look at what motivates us and use that to drive us.  If you want it enough, then it starts to become easy.

One word for today's workout doing Interval X:  "wheeeeew"!
I was underestimating this one.  It is so much fast moving with less breaks then P90X.  I kept my HR up pretty high and was really wiped out at the end.  Tomorrow is Total Body +.  

No comments:

Post a Comment