Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

5k at last

I've been looking forward to doing a 5k for a while. I was a little scared of it for some reason and put it off. I didn't feel prepared. But after 6 months of P90X, the extra cardio and leg work really made me confident to conquer it. I ran with a friend and we had a good steady pace going. We didn't wear a watch to pace ourselves, just went with it. I felt pretty good the whole time until we punched it down at the end a little early. We needed to dial it back a notch, catch our breath then kick it in high gear one more time to the finish. I was tired but recovered pretty quickly. 25:06 (yeah baby!), close to an 8:00 mile. I'll take it. When I was running on a treadmill at the Y, I wasn't near that.   Today's race really reminded me of how important it is to set goals, no matter the size.  I wouldn't have been able to do this today with my race time last fall, no way.  But a little at a time, day in, day out, waaala, presto!  All of a sudden progress is in front of me!  Who knew :-)

Taste test #3:
Shakeology chocoloate covered strawberries
  • 1 cup water (changed from 1/2 on site)
  • 8 ice cubes
  • 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
  • 1/2 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • = delish!
My wife and 2 daughters all tried it.  I wasn't hearing any complaints.  Would make a great dessert or after dinner treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment