Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eventful day

I decided to run around Lake Calhoun again today in preparation for next week's 5k.  It doesn't seem like much but I haven't done one before so kind of excited for it.  I did have to miss Kenpo Cardio, which I am beginning to really like.   The inside walking trail of Lake Calhoun is 3.1 miles equivalent to a 5k.  It was 42 degrees, cloudy and windy, especially on the lake.  I bundled up a little more and headed out. 
25.59 was my time.  I am pretty excited about that.  I was going into the 5k with a goal of getting under 30:00.   Back in September, I NEVER would have been able to do this.  Thank you Tony Horton and P90X.  All the cardio and leg workouts have definitely prepared me for this.  Looking forward to next weekend. 

Then it was off to the mall to continue my quest for pants that fit.  I have become a unique size and can't seem to find one pair of khaki's.  One downfall to getting in shape :-0

To cap the day off I geeked out and watched some fellow P90X'ers on QVC and got even more motivated!  Who's with me and wants to try it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment