Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Education is key

I am researching some stats on exercise tonight for a meeting that I am running tomorrow morning.  There are some interesting ones:
  • The higher the education level, the higher incidence of exercise.  People 25 and up with a bachelor degree or higher are twice as likely to engage in sports and fitness activities
  • 70% of American adults don't exercise regularly despite the proven health benefits
  • Adults with an income at least 4 times the poverty level are twice as likely to get regular physical activity as those with income below the poverty line
  • The western US states have the highest percentage of people who are active in sports or exercise
There are many more but that gives you an idea.  Income, location, and education all play into if people are actively exercising. 

To me, it's a no brainer.  I have been there on the other side too.  I have always known the great benefits of exercise but have not always exercised.  Let's get America moving!

I continued my trek down "memory" lane with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.  I guess it really hasn't been that long since I did this workout but it feels like it.  I feel like I regressed a little bit.   Maybe it was just one of those days.   Tomorrow is the busy day of the week and X stretch.  I may even take an extra day off since it will be very tight for time. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting statistics!!! I didn't know that. I used to be in the sedentary 70%. I'm so glad that's in the past!!!

    ReplyDelete